Can not connect..

MightyPimp

Hii i have a Friend who is playing on your slimefun server and i have tryed to join to. But to now succees.

I have tryed to restart minecraft i have restarted my pc i have turnt off my firewall and tryed mc.thecavern.net + Portnumber it dosent want to work.

So can someone mayby help me.
I have been confronted whit this problem before and the only thing that workt that time was the whole ip adress.

Mvh MightyPimp (Johan)

Candii

Staff member
Admin
Hello!

Sorry for this issue that you are dealing with. I understand it can be stressful, so let's work it out!

First, seeing that you are on Bedrock, join with mc.thecavern.net with the port 19132. Make sure you play on the version 1.16.5, as our server won't accept 1.8 or older versions. In addition, make sure you have a proper internet connection, as this can prevent you from joining the server. If you're on 1.16.5, typed the IP address properly, typed the port number properly, and have a stable internet connection- yet still are unable to join, please respond to this thread with what error message you seem to face.

I also suggest going to the forum, "Bedrock F.A.Q./Common Issues" in "Rules & Information." If you scroll down, there is a guide for how to join using different consoles. You may of missed something in the process, so worth a watch.

MightyPimp

Hello!

Sorry for this issue that you are dealing with. I understand it can be stressful, so let's work it out!

First, seeing that you are on Bedrock, join with mc.thecavern.net with the port 19132. Make sure you play on the version 1.16.5, as our server won't accept 1.8 or older versions. In addition, make sure you have a proper internet connection, as this can prevent you from joining the server. If you're on 1.16.5, typed the IP address properly, typed the port number properly, and have a stable internet connection- yet still are unable to join, please respond to this thread with what error message you seem to face.

I also suggest going to the forum, "Bedrock F.A.Q./Common Issues" in "Rules & Information." If you scroll down, there is a guide for how to join using different consoles. You may of missed something in the process, so worth a watch.
Hii Im sorry i must been unclear whit what minecraft i was trying to join in on and yess i know i said i tryed the Portnumber asswell but that was for Java.
Im on minecraft 1.16.5 Java edition and i get this messege
io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception connection timed out

and i have tryed all things that i can find on internet.

Candii

Staff member
Admin
Okay! Going to go through some solutions, so bear with me.

First, restart your computer and even consider undownloading/redownloading Minecraft. Although it sounds like an Apple solution, it sometimes can be the answer. Afterwards, making sure that you have good internet connection (once again), try both adding the server and connecting using direct connection. (I've noticed that if I get this messaged, I typically have something wrong with either my launcher or my internet).

If none of this works, copy and paste that error message into the search bar and follow the YouTube tutorials that work through this issue, going into the control panel itself.

Also, just a question, are you getting this issue while joining any other servers? No need to tell me the specific names, just a general answer.

MightyPimp

Hi agian.
If you read my first post you can see that i have tryed all the fixes exept one you named and that was to re install minecraft whitch i have and to noo succees.

I might have figurd out why i got the problem that i do and that is that my internet might be to slow to download the servers resorce pack before the Server kicks me. But im not sure about that plan.. Soo if anyone got the time ore so to link the resorce pack i might be golden.

Candii

Staff member
Admin
That could be an issue, and if so, easily resolvable. While in your server list, click the server and hit edit. You'll see a button that says, "Server Resource Packs: Enabled/Prompt/Disabled." Hit this box until it goes to disable.

MightyPimp

I did try it and its not it.

Answer to you question if i have the same problem on other servers i have but thats few apart i can join all servers on the first page from this site https://minecraftservers.org/

The only solution i can se now is iff you got the Original server adress the one whit only numbers. And i can understand if you guys dont want too share that one